Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Photo Shoot With Elite Model Alexandra & A Horse!

I had such a great photo shoot with the lovely 16 year old Elite Model Alexandra recently. When I first saw her in person, I seriously thought: "Am I seeing things? This girl doesn't belong in this era. She belongs in another time & place!"

Its funny taking pictures of all of these up & coming Elite Models because they are all so very young! It was really cute- her pulling up in her new car- just learning to drive- this girl has such a wonderful life ahead of her. She's a complete sweetheart too. Very kind, and patient & just a darling person to be around.

I thought it would be really neat to have a photo shoot with her involving horses, on a ranch, etc. It was so very hot that day- and she was such a trooper to deal with the heat & a horse that didn't want to obey us very much! We had the choice of different colored horses, and our intentions were to put Alexandra on the horse and let the horse go swimming in the lake. Well, we ended up going for the reddish-colored horse (what a great color for Alexandra!)

But the horse had other plans- and really did not like the idea of being held still for photos. I completely understand- I wouldn't want to sit around either in that heat if I were that horse.
So we tried to get a few snaps of them together- and believe it or not- there really weren't that many shots taken! So what you see- is just pure luck!

I'm just so grateful for the great team we had- a wonderful makeup artist from Britains Next Top Model- Carmen Lopez, a beautiful model Alexandra & the most amazing woman "Miriam" who is the owner of the 18 acre palm tree farm and horse ranch that we shot most of the following pictures on. Miriam & her family went well beyond in letting us use her property & horse. I also wish to thank a wonderful lady Veronica Rivera for obtaining permission to shoot on her friends horse ranch. Also a thank you to a sweet woman named "Anna" who allowed us to shoot on her property as well.

So many wonderful people are out there- and I'm so grateful how kind and receptive everyone has been to me & my shoots.

Hope you enjoy the pictures. It was a day I'll always remember :)
xoxo,
Aubrey





No comments:

Post a Comment