Monday, May 2, 2011

The Day My Team Shot 8 Elite Models In One Day!

I have to write about this- before I continue to write about anything else. This was one of the most fun shoots I've ever had!

I'm often contacted by makeup artists who reach out to me- to collaborate on possible shoots together.

Well, one day- my world definitely changed for the better.

I was contacted by a celebrity makeup artist by the name of Debra Mackie. She alerted me that she was in town for the weekend- teaching aspiring makeup artists tricks of the trade in Miami Beach. Just google Debra Mackie & you'll see all of the celebrities she has done makeup for!

Debra had seen my work- and contacted me asking if I would like to team up with her & 2 other makeup artists (Melissa Fernandez & Jennifer Goldston)
She thought it would be a fun idea to shoot as many models as possible over the course of a couple of days. She had rented out the Mezzanine Floor at the Park Central Hotel right on Ocean Drive for us to use for the shoot!

I'm only used to shooting 1 model per day- I had no idea that she was completely serious about shooting MANY models in one sitting! Even I was wondering if this lady was serious!

So the first day- I had 4 models show up. It went smoothly. We had our amazing stylist Zoe Wirth bringing gorgeous high-end clothing to the shoot. (It really makes all the difference when you have the BEST stylist. So that day was a breeze actually- 4 models with 3-4 changes per model.

My favorite day was the following day- Elite Model Management in Miami sent over.....8 Models to shoot in one day! At first I was thinking...."Hmmm..how in the world am I gonna do this?!" But I must tell you- it was a complete blast! I figured out on this day- that not only was it too easy to accomplish---But the more I shot...the MORE excited I became. It was like a drug. Seriously. I wanted more, more, more. I did not even eat lunch. There was a time at the end of the day that I finally requested something cold to drink. That's it. I was too focused on getting amazing shots with this amazing team.

I couldn't have had a better team- Debra Mackie herself was hilarious! I loved everything about her- her vibrant energy, her positive, loving attitude. It made such a wonderful experience.

And the more I shot....the more Debra was beaming! She was so happy to have as many models as possible. Ironically enough- sometimes if you overload the work- you'd think that the quality of work would suffer. But not in this case- I actually think I grew leaps and bounds as a photographer from this event. My work actually looked better & better as the day went on.

I will post below some pictures of the amazing time we all had! Can you imagine? 8 models, 3 very talented makeup artists, 1 wardrobe stylist (and damn, she is good!), and me the ol' photographer. It was by far one of the best days shooting I've ever had. I really can't wait until Debra flies back in from Boston. I miss her!!! If she lived here- I'd never sleep! I'd be shooting 24/7, I kid you not!

Enjoy the pictures. Big hugs and kisses to all.
xoxo,
Aubrey :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment