Sunday, May 1, 2011

What Camera Authorized Repair Centers Do Not Want You To Know...

Hi everyone out there!

While I have a lot of great stories about shoots, etc...I really felt the need to warn people out there about these so called: "Authorized Repair Centers". I'll apologize to them for letting the cat out of the bag...but the general public should be aware of them. (I wish someone had told me...but we live & learn.)

Ok, the only NIkon DSL I have ever owned has had the same problem occur to it over the past 2 years. While it has been under warranty- I took it to several "Nikon Authorized Service" centers. I even located them on Nikons website! I figured since it even has Nikon's stamp of approval- it must be the right place to take my broken camera. Right? I was wrong.

I have seriously taken my camera in for repair to 2 different "Nikon Authorized Repair" centers I'd say at least 10-12 times in the past 2 years. I just didn't understand why Nikon wouldn't just replace the camera- both Nikon Authorized Service centers told me that Nikon had never offered replacement- so the answer was "No."

It wasn't until this year- where I had really started to take my photography career seriously- that I knew something had to be done about my faulty camera. So I called NIkon directly- and they told me to ship it directly to them in New York. The most interesting part of this story is that Nikon admitted to me that they do not have record of when my camera was taken to the "Nikon Authorized Repair" centers. They claim they DO NOT HAVE ANY INFORMATION on this. So therefore- the two years I have wasted taking it into these "Nikon" repair places- hold nothing in my case. (Nikon does not have any information on anyones dealings with the Nikon Service Repair Centers.)

The good news- is that after you ship your camera DIRECTLY to Nikon- they extend your warranty another 6 months. And some more good news- is that they told me that they consider replacement after they have personally repaired camera equipment 3 times.

So I'm about to ship my Nikon off again to them (for the 3rd time) on Monday. For the same exact reasons it always keeps breaking. So I'm hoping I'll have a new camera & lens out of this situation.

Had I known about this "secret" Nikon has with it's "Nikon Authorized Repair" centers- I would probably have had a new camera years ago by going directly to Nikon.

So I just felt the strong need to let people know about this. And I do apologize to these "Nikon Authorized Repair" Centers- I do understand that this is how you make a living. But for me- I need reliable equipment or I can't pay my rent.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful night out there. I'll post some recent pics from a photo shoot I did in a bit.
xoxo,
Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment